Bruce Jenner reveals to Diane Sawyer " I am a woman"

Photo by ABC news
Rumors were swirling around that Bruce Jenner was going to be telling the world a big announcement .Many people speculated that he was becoming a woman. But others didn't believe it till he said it himself.

Most people know Bruce Jenner as an olympic gold medal winner. Others know him as the father of Kendall and Kylie Jenner whose mother is Kris Jenner. Kris Jenner is known for her show with her family called , " Keeping Up with the Kardashians".

But earlier on in December, news came out . After 22 years,  Bruce and Kris filed for divorce. After that it seemed that it felt right for Bruce to finally come to terms that he wasn't living the life he wanted.
     
 "For all intents and purposes, I am a woman", revealed Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview. "Im not gay", who started taking female hormones in the 80's

In a clip that will be shown on KUTWK, Kris is talking with Kim. She breaks her silence about his transition.

     "I have these memories of this life and I feel sometimes like it didn't exist", in the end she supports him.
     "At the end of the day, I just want him to be happy," Kris told the Times about her ex-husband. "He's going to find his happiness, and he's going to have his journey."

Another clip that is shown in the future episode is his daughter Kendall, who comments :

     "I'm gonna get a tissue. He's the most amazing person I know. I couldn't ask for a better Dad. He taught he how to ride a bike and be the tomboy that I am. Every single day we went to school 45 minutes away from home, he would drive us to school and be the first one in line to pick us up."

He has gotten the support of his first wife Chrystie Scott and second wife Linda Thompson as well as Kris. 

Linda Thompson knew about Bruce's gender transition years ago when they were married and chose to keep quiet about his secret.  She wrote an article about it on Huffington Post

"If Bruce had told me about his gender issue when we first began getting romantically involved, I would not have married him. Pure and simple. But looking back, I'm so grateful to God, the universe, and Bruce that I didn't know, and that Bruce played the role in my life that he did."



Photo from Kendall Jenner Instagram
Bruce revealed to Diane Sawyer in the 20/20 exclusive interview that he was "terrified" to tell his children about his transition.

"Every single one of them," he said. "I can't let myself hurt them. How do I do this and not hurt my children?"
   

Bruce has been been married three times and has six biological children and four step-children.

"We want to understand his struggle, said Kim who caught him once in a dress. "I do want to meet her, when he's ready", said his youngest daughter Kylie.



Brody Jenner posted a photo of him and his father on Instagram showing his support. He captioned it , "You won another gold tonight. I stand with you on this journey. I love you Dad".

He said that this is not a publicity stunt. He is finally living and relieved. Social media went crazy and showed support for Bruce. Pop Sugar posted an article of all the celebrites who support his transition.


It has been a long time coming but Jenner has the support of family, friends, and fans.


There will be two future episodes that will appear on ' Keeping Up with the Kardashians'. Which will be called About Bruce that will air later this month.








Comments